Lidocaine 10%, Prilocaine 10%, Tetracaine 4%
Using compounded topical anesthetics offers heightened anesthesia effects by combining multiple premium active pharmaceutical ingredients. Using our uniquely formulated anesthetics in the dental chair may reduce patient pain and anxiety, save dentists & patients time in the chair, and reduce the use of local injectable anesthetics. This novel combination of three active anesthetic ingredients results in a faster onset, more intensive numbing effect, and longer duration of action than commercially available products.
Pre-injection numbing for extra sensitive and painful locations including anterior, mandibular, and palatal injections. Routine cleanings that include scaling and root planing. Soft tissue and palatal procedures, placement of orthodontic Temporary Anchorage Devices (TADs), taking impressions and intra-oral radiographs, crown seating, and in crown preps that tissue at gingival margin starts to come out of anesthesia before a temporary crown is placed (instead of re-injection).
Time saver for when a practitioner would typically be waiting 2-3 minutes for pre-injection numbing, this product can be used which allows the practitioner to start in 1 minute for a local injectable. With a reduced risk of systemic toxicity, a practitioner can complete certain procedures such as root planing on specific areas of the whole mouth in a single visit without having to reschedule a second visit. Patients that have a more pain-free experience and less anxiety/trauma are more likely to return and refer friends and family.
2. Use a cotton tip applicator to swipe gel from the lid and apply sparingly to mucosa.
3. Wipe off or rinse within 2-3 minutes of application to avoid sloughing of tissue.
4. Full anesthesia will occur in about 3-5 minutes of application and last around 45 min to 1 hour.
5. Practical application suggests tissue penetration depth ranges between 5-6mm on most patients.
6. If dental anesthetic gel will be used on the entire mouth for cleaning, anesthetize quadrants separately. Do not use on the entire mouth at once.
7. Can also be drawn into a syringe and used with a pre-bent disposable flow tip to inject into deeper pocket areas.
WARNING: DENTAL ANESTHETIC GELS MAY CAUSE NECROSIS (SLOUGHING OFF OF TISSUE) IF LEFT ON TOO LONG. DO NOT LEAVE GEL ON MUCOSA LONGER THAN 2-3 MINUTES. Not tested for use during pregnancy and on infants.